Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Veggie Pizza

I cheat alot on this recipe. Here's how:

To get the veggies finely minced I toss them into the food processor and pulse them lightly. I buy pre-cut cauliflower and broccoli in the produce section so as not to waste an entire head of each. I also buy the shredded carrots. Whatever is left over gets eaten as snacks by my little one and the dog (yep - carrots were recommended as a snack for Sally by our vet).

I just squirt some bottled ranch dressing in with the sour cream and cream cheese mixture. I use enough to taste the ranch. I do this instead of buying the envelope of dry mix because I always have ranch dressing in the fridge. Just be careful, if you cheat like me on this step, to make sure it doesn't get soupy.

This recipe can easily be made smaller. Simply cut the ingredient measurements in half and use a 13x9-inch pan. I did this for the crop.

Ingredients

2 large packages of crescent rolls (from the dairy section)
1-8 oz. cream cheese, softened
16 oz. sour cream
1 package ranch dressing mix
1 cup broccoli, very finely minced
1 cup cauliflower, very finely minced
1 cup finely shredded carrots
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350.

Open crescent rolls and press onto a large cookie sheet, ensuring that there are no gaps in the dough. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.

Mix cream cheese, sour cream, and ranch dressing. Spread onto cooled crust. Sprinkle with veggies, spreading evenly. Top with cheddar cheese.

Chill well before serving. To serve, cut into squares.